Wednesday, October 22, 2008

#6

Today I finished the Jodi Picoult book that I blogged about earlier. The plot did end up diverging from that of See Jane Run, and although the two books had similar concepts, I liked Picture Perfect a lot more. Picoult's writing style is a lot more fluid, and her books keep you on the edge of your seat without being frustrating. The end of See Jane Run wasn't as solid or satisfying as Picture Perfect; the woman wasn't the hero as she should have been. Another reason I was happy with this book is because it didn't really fit the mold of most of her other novels. There weren't any court/trial scenes, and little dropped hints throughout that give clues to what really happened. Picoult did stick to her usual Native American importance, and it provides a good insight to the Sioux. I'm glad I didn't put this book down right away, because I really would have missed out on a good Jodi Picoult classic.

No comments: