Monday, October 20, 2008

#4

I just recently started a new Jodi Picoult novel, and at first I was really excited. She is one of my favorite authors, and I get so into her books that they only take me a few days to finish. Picture Perfect on the other hand, has been really disappointing at first. Not because it doesn't have an interesting story line, not because its poorly written... I'm on page 110, and this book so far has been a copycat of one I read this summer. See Jane Run it was called, and in both stories, a woman goes through a traumatic event in her life... and then proceeds to lose her memory. She is then seen in a newspaper by her husband, who appears to be "too good to be true", and can't recall his serious character flaws. Seriously. Almost identical story lines. As I get farther into Picture Perfect, I will make sure to update on the similarities & differences.

No comments: