Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I KNOW THIS MUCH IS TRUE

For this quarter's outside reading, I chose to read "I Know This Much is True" by Wally Lamb. He is one of my favorite authors-his books are the kind you never forget. I read "She's Come Undone" a little under a year ago, and I'll never forget the story of Dolores' problems with sexual abuse and her weight. The story has the same theme as a book we read earlier in the year, "Animal Dreams". In each book the character is struggling to find themselves and hopefully my new book will be the same. The inside cover hints at the story; I'm really excited to learn more about it. The main character Dominick has a twin brother that's a paranoid schizophrenic, and makes a promise to his mother on her deathbed that he will take care of him. The story accounts the struggles of taking on another person almost like a son, as well as switching back between his grandfather's memoir. This should be a great read.

No comments: