Sunday, November 9, 2008

#1

Today I watched a music video by Keith Urban called "You'll Think Of Me".  It's a song about a  hard divorce between the singer and his wife.  
"Ever since you found yourself in someone else's arms, I've been trying my best to get along..." 
Assuming his wife probably had an affair or fell in love with someone else, throughout the song he is trying to figure out the feelings that come along with betrayal. He talks about the baggage that still exists, his trying to move on.  "Take your records take your freedom, take your memories- I don't need them. take your space and take your reasons, but you'll think of me." This shows how the singer is feeling let down, but still wants to have a place in the woman's life. Breakups are one of the hardest things to go through emotionally, because it can be like losing half of yourself. Putting everything out there, and sharing your secrets with someone only to find out that they are sharing their secrets with another person? I can't even imagine. Breaking up is a hard thing that has to be done, but never feels good, no matter which side you are on. 

No comments: